Monday, March 26, 2012

To one of the greatest people in my life...

Happy Birthday Grandma! 
or as they say here "Joyeux Anniversaire!" 


90 years ago today a wonderful life joined this world in the form of one spectacular Julia. Little did she know then that she would marry a stubborn but hilarious Iowan, give birth to 3 crazy boys, move from her home state of Nebraska to California and become the greatest grandma to her only granddaughter. Yes, I have been spoiled rotten because of my lack of a Y chromosome, but through all those moments of spoiling I have been blessed to learn about life from one of the most wonderful people I have ever come across.

I have learned what unconditional love looks like. How to truly listen and express that you care. I have learned that I prefer most things the old fashion way. I have realized so much about myself through this woman and how I want to live life to it's absolute fullest daily. 


Dear Grandma, 

Words will never do you justice, but I'll try...

My love for books and reading is thanks to you! 
My addiction to graham crackers is thanks to you! 
My love for stationary and hand written notes is thanks to you!
My never ending faith in God and marriage is thanks to you! 

I am so thankful that...
you took the time not just to teach me to read, but how to love to read! 
you enjoy Ruby's chocolate shakes as much as I do! 
you made me wear itchy dresses and introduced me to the beauty that is live music! 
you taught me to make cinnamon bread so I can share it with others! 
you have always been there through all the highs, lows, smiles, tears, laughs and tons of delicious food! 

Grandma you truly are a saint if I ever met one and I am the luckiest girl to have spent so many wonderful moments in your care. I am counting down the days until our next hug... literally I am counting and it will be 40 days... 

I am sorry I cannot be there to celebrate this glorious milestone with you, but I would think 90 years is worthy of an entire year of celebrations, don't you? 

Love you lots and see you this afternoon on Skype! 
Kiley Anne 
xoxo

I think a summer batch of cinnamon bread is a must this year!! 

Thanks for reading & God Bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment