Friday, March 16, 2012

Milano... Crema... Hein's...

Follow up blog to the one 2 blog's ago titled "Crazy fun in Crema..."

On my 3rd day in Italy (after saying bye to Pao as she ventured off to kick some volley butt), I got a great treat! Andy and Kate came to explore with me! I met them in Milano on Saturday mid-day and we started our adventure. We went walking towards the center and of course in search of a lunch spot. 


Mission accomplished below when we found a cute little pizza place with all sorts of dishes to enjoy!

This church is so detailed and one of my favorite in all of Europe! 

We had to climb this monster of a church and with thighs burning we finally made it to the top with smiles. 

This guy was impressive! He was making art from vegetables... flowers and birds... oh my!

Went to see the Santa Maria church, which my dad recommended for the "Last Supper" viewing... 

Too bad this is all we got to see because this is a tourist attraction... who'da thunk it?... must not have been sold out 2 weeks in advanced when my dad lived here 30 years ago... or he just left that part out maybe...

Dad's old stomping grounds that he stayed at with his friend PJ... They were hanging out together in California while I was on my trip and had to go step where they stepped so many years ago. 

'Spin on the bulls balls'... I didn't make this up. This is a tourist attraction and it is hilarious to watch all the people participate. Google it if you want to know more... I think it's for good luck. 

Night back in Crema... for Carnival. We had the pleasure of witnessing some fun outfits and singing. 

'Kill Shot!' ... For those of you watching the show "The Bachelor" you might appreciate Kate and I in this picture. 

Gelato time! 

The next morning, day 4, I decided to head back to Lausanne with Kate & Andy. We made a recommended stop for breakfast in Milan below.
 A little taste of home... Thanks for the recommendation Pao! It was truly scrumptious!

Above I learned that cinnamon in my coffee makes it so much more tasty! 

Best Breakfast I have had in 2 months!

The cool kids sit in the back of the bus!! So the story behind the above picture is that our "direct" train from Milan to Lausanne, turned out to be anything but direct. We had no idea the adventure we were to face when we woke up that morning. We all (all means everyone on the multi-car train) had to exit the train and hop on buses to take us to the next train station due to train track issues.

This is the lovely station of Varzo, can't you tell by Kate's face? We waited here patiently for our new train to take us to Brig, where we would again have to change trains before finally heading to Lausanne. Long day but the company made it bearable. 

A successful little vacation if I may say so! 

Thanks for reading! God Bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment