Monday, April 16, 2012

15 days until departure...

If ever there were a bitter-sweet phrase, this title is one!

Cossonay Volleyball Club has accepted the promotion to LNA (League A) which will begin in September 2012. My future and the exact details of the team have yet to be determined. Meetings are scheduled for the 24th of this month and I am hoping this is when I will get some answers to your many questions about the fate of my future. It goes without saying to most of you that volleyball will always be a passion of mine, it runs in my blood, so I am open to the idea of another year of play in this land of wonder! Only time and God will tell...



Of course I am excited to fly home to amazing America and get long over due hugs from those I love most! It goes without saying that I am having serious Tex-Mex withdrawals and in serious need of a Coffee Haagen Dazs & Smore's fix a.s.a.p.! But I am also going to miss this gorgeous city and it's lovely people! I have been blessed these last 4 months to be able to grow previous friendships from 2 years ago and form fantabulous new ones.

The scenery will be missed as well and although I have plenty of photos, they never do the beauty of this place true justice. I have social media and internet to keep in touch with the lovely people I have met, but it is never the same as seeing them in person. It is better than nothing I guess. Whatever did they do before the World Wide Web?



The next 15 days will be as packed as I can make them with quality time with my "Lausanne Lovelies," staring at the views, enjoying the 3 C's: coffee, croissants, cheese, and hopefully a few spontaneous adventures! Then comes the daunting task of trying to pack... who knows of a Swiss version of the "Salvation Army?"

Needless to say, I am looking forward to what my last 15 days here holds for me and to touch down in Texas where eavesdropping on conversations doesn't require so much effort.

Thanks for reading & God Bless

1 comment:

  1. great blog kiley ! hope all is well...
    love uncle dave & aunt susan

    ReplyDelete